Friday, October 16, 2009

Tonight in Gettysburg

Right now I'm sitting in Steve Stanley's living room in Gettysburg. I arrived about 6:30 pm after a quite rainy (and road construction filled) four-hour drive. Steve and I, his fiance Krystie and friend Leigh Ann met at the Mayflower Chinese Buffet - one of my favorite haunts - for dinner. Afterwards, we drove to the American History Store on Steinwehr Avenue for a book signing in conjunction with the Military History Online fall muster. The signing was from 8-10 pm. Bill Frassanito was there, along with John Hoptak, Jim Hessler, Tim Smith, and Don Ernsberger. Steve and I signed several copies of The Complete Gettysburg Guide, most of them actually brought by folks to have signed. Several folks also bought copies of my first two books. It was a nice time, especially meeting some MHO folks that I hadn't seen in a few years.

We need to get up about 4:30 am tomorrow in order to make the five-hour drive to Williamsburg, Virginia for the Military History Weekend show. The book signing there begins at 12 noon, and we need about a half hour or so to get set up. It will be an early start to a long day tomorrow, so good night everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic book!
    After a 20 year leave of absence from my CW passion,(raising 2 children)I'm happy to say that I made it back to Gettysburg this past summer. I bought your book and after having read it cover to cover, I made plans to return to Gettysburg next June to experience your excellent self guided tour. Thank you for this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, thank you very much. Please let us know what you think of the tours once you've had a chance to take them next year!

    Best regards,
    J.D.

    ReplyDelete