Friday, October 2, 2009

Military History Weekend, Williamsburg VA, Oct. 17-18

Co-author Steve Stanley and I will be representing our publisher Savas Beatie at the Military History Weekend Show, to be held in Williamsburg the weekend of October 17. Show headquarters is the beautiful Hospitality House on Richmond Road. Events actually run from Friday through Monday (see the event schedule), but Steve and I will be there from noon on Saturday until late Sunday afternoon. We will be signing copies of The Complete Gettysburg Guide, and we will also have my first two books available (see them here and here).

I'm really excited to meet Col. Eddie Shames of the 101st Airborne, a hero of WWII and the famous Band of Brothers. Col. Shames will be signing copies of Osprey's Tonight We Die As Men (he wrote the Forward for the book), and I look forward to thanking the colonel for his service and to be one of millions who have let him know that he is a true hero.

If you'll be in the Williamsburg area that weekend, please come to see us! There are a lot of very interesting events going on throughout the weekend - militaria displays, book vendors, authors, sculptors, publisher tables, tours of the Virginia War Museum, author/historian talks, and a whole lot more. Hope to see some friends there.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm going to miss it. We are leaving Sunday to go down to Williamsburg. Were staying there for a week. Oh well.

    Tim C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot - wish we could see you there then. Well have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J.D.,

    I'm jealous, you'll be out in my old stomping grounds. While history (and selling books) is of course the focus of the weekend, you absolutely must visit the Green Leafe tavern on Richmond Road across the street from the College of William & Mary football stadium. Best pub in towm, email me privately for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have as good of weather as we are having this week.

    Tim C

    ReplyDelete